Who said vegan, gluten-free Carrot Cake can't have it all; moist, sweet, flavorful and... in CUPCAKE form... dreams really do come true! Not to mention, we topped these bunnies off with smooth vegan cream cheese frosting, because don't we all need a little frosting in our lives? ;) Frosted or not, this recipe's a winner either way!
2¼ cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (we used Bob's Red Mill)3 teaspoons fresh baking powder1 teaspoon baking soda3 teaspoons cinnamon1/2 teaspoon nutmeg1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsweetened, plain Almond Milk2 teaspoons vanilla extract1 cup coconut sugar
2/3 cup (melted) coconut oil (plus a little more if your dough is too thick)
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup mixed raisins (or more if you love raisins)
12 - 15 cupcake cups
Frosting: we used Plain Daiya Cream Cheese and made their recommended frosting recipe, which you can find here.
Toppings: the tip of a carrot, some carrot leaves, and crumbled Chocolate Coated Almond Spice Squares... i.e. a carrot in some delicious dirt.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cupcake pan with cupcake cups.
- In a large medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt).
- Next, in a large bowl, whisk together the almond milk, vanilla, coconut sugar, and melted coconut oil.
- Slowly add and mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Next fold in the carrots, Squares, and raisins, stir until just combined.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick/fork inserted comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before frosting.
- Frost (or not) and ENJOY! p.s. store frosting and/or frosted cupcakes in fridge.
Share a comment about this recipe!