Chocolate on chocolate deliciousness... these Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies are not only 100% vegan, they're also made with Squarebar chunks instead of chocolate chunks! Which makes us think, can you trade out chocolate chips for Squarebar chunks in any baking recipe?? Thanks @fithealthyproject for the amazing recipe and idea.
1.5 cups GF flour of choice (I used GF oat and rice flours)1 tsp baking powder1/2 tsp baking soda2.5 tbsp cacao powder2 Squarebars, chopped into small chunks
1 tbsp flaxmeal + 3 tbsp warm water, mixed and left to gel for 15 minutes
3 tbsp coconut butter
3 tbsp almond butter
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
dash of almond mylk if necessary if batter is too dry
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with non stick baking paper and set aside. In a medium sized mixing bowl, prepare your flaxmeal and water.
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients apart from the Squarebars, whisking until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients to your flaxmeal gel and stir to combine. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour the liquid mixture in carefully. Stir with a wooden spoon until combined.
- The mixture should now be mouldable and moist, but not wet. If too dry, add a dash of almond mylk and stir again.
- Use your wooden spoon to fold the Squarebar chunks throughout. Spoon cookie sized blobs of the mixture onto your baking paper, and flatten slightly with the palm of your hand.
- Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until they look slightly crispy around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool (if you can restrain yourself), before devouring with some more almond mylk!