These Chocolate Banana Oat Muffins, or should we say BUFFins, sure are finger-licking good! Not to mention, they're also clean, protein-packed, and vegan. Take it from the recipe genius herself (@tumblinbumblincrumblincookie
), these muffins are "soft, sweet morsels of banana-oaty-melted-chocolatey yum." So, why not make a quick batch and grab one, or two, or even three (all in one hand, of course)! Thanks @tumblinbumblincrumblincookie
for this amazing creation! (See more at sofinewasthemorning.com
Ingredients (makes 6 muffins):
1 tbsp ground flax+3 tbsp water1 cup oat flour (oats ground to a flour)1/2 tsp baking soda
A pinch of salt
2 super ripe bananas, mashed
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1/4 cup applesauce
2.5 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 Squarebars (cut up into crumbles - for the delicious topping!)
- Stir together flax and water and leave to gel for at least 20 minutes.
- Whisk together flour, pinch salt and baking soda in a small bowl, and then whisk together the bananas, sugar, applesauce, coconut oil, vanilla and flax egg in another larger mixing bowl.
- Add in the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon till just combined.
Top withSquarebar crumbles (we recommend Chocolate Coated Coconut, Chocolate Coated Cherry, or Chocolate Coated Almond Spice)!
- Divide between 6 muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees F (or 180 degrees Celsius).
- Let cool on a wire rack and ENJOY!