We're letting you in on a little secret... we've always had this fantasy that our Cherry Square and PB Square would get together and make a little PB&J baby, so.... we went ahead and concocted this delicious PB&J TART using Cherry and PB Squares as the crust. It's super easy to make, takes about 20 minutes, and only has 6 ingredients. If this doesn't scream Peanut Butter Jelly Time, we don't what does!
- First, preheat over to 350 degrees, line a 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Next, in a food processor (we used a Vitamix) blend together all crust ingredients. Blend until the Squarebars are just crumbly tiny pieces that can easily be pressed together to form a crust.
Transfer your new Squarebar mixture into the lined baking pan. Spread & combine the mixture so you have your "crust" layer. Press down into a even layer with your fingers or spatula. Set aside.
Next, add jam and strawberries to a small pot and heat over low heat until hot and "liquified" (in other words, ready to pour).
- Add your new strawberry jam on top of your crust. The mixture should cover most, if not all, of the Squarebar crust.
- Next add each of your 1/2 tablespoons of PB to different parts/sides of the strawberry jam layer. Use a chopstick and swirl your dollops with the jam to make some very artistic creations. ;)
- Once you're happy with your peanut butter swirls, add your tart to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the jam is warm and slightly bubbly.
- Remove squares from oven and let cool completely. We left ours out for about an hour and then stored in the fridge until we were ready to cut them into little rectangular tarts.
Thanks for the inspiration, Dana (a.k.a. Minimalist Baker).