A dozen roses? How about a dozen Baked Double Chocolate PB Drizzled Donuts!? Thanks Valentine!
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup unsweetened plain cashew milk (warmed a bit on the stove)
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 3/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
Valentine's Day sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F & lightly grease (with coconut oil) two donut pans.
- In a small mixing bowl mash banana, try to get as little clumps as possible.
- Slightly warm cashew milk on stove top. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, add the coconut oil. Then add the coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Whisk to combine. Add applesauce and warmed cashew milk. Whisk to combine.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, and gluten-free flour. Whisk to combine.
- Lastly, add the mashed banana and whisk to combine once more.
- If the batter appears too thin at this point, add 1 Tbsp of flour at a time until it thickens up. It should be semi-thick. Then add your Square chunks and combine.
- Divide your batter evenly between donut tins, filling all the way full. There should be 12 donuts.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the top appears dry yet fluffy. Time will vary based on your donut pan.
- Remove donuts from oven and let cool for 1-2 minutes. Grab the tins with an oven mitts and tap on the counter to loosen. Place donuts on cooling rack. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Then drizzle tops of donuts with peanut butter and sprinkle with Square chunks and Valentine's sprinkles!