Current Relationship Status: yoga pants, Netflix, & these wondrous, gluten-free, plant-based Chocolate Chip Cookie Sandwiches... because, why the fudge not?! Thanks Ayah (a.k.a. @healthyliving_happy) for this brilliant recipe.
1/3 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
1/4 cup oat flour (ground oats)
2 tbsp coconut sugar1 tbspcoconut flour1 tbsp flax seed meal1 tsp baking powder1 tbspmelted coconut oil1 tbsp unsweetened applesauce3 tbsp almond milk
1/2 - 1 Chocolate Coated Square
of choice. We recommend Nuts & Sea Salt
Chocolate Sauce (optional):
1 tbsp of cocoa powder mixed with 1 tbsp coconut nectar and almond milk. If it’s too thick add more water/milk, too thin add more cocoa and if you prefer it sweeter than add more nectar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Take your Square of choice and chop it up into 16-20 little Squares (these will be your "chocolate chips")
- Next, mix your dry ingredients (gluten-free all-purpose flour, oat flour, coconut sugar, coconut flour, flax seed meal, baking powder) in a large bowl.
- Next, add in wet ingredients.
- Combine well. If batter is too thick, add more almond milk.
- Next, fold in Square chunks.
- Roll dough into balls using tbsp measurements. Then form into your desired cookie shape.
Add cookies to a pan with parchment paper or greased with coconut oil, and bake for 8-10 min. *Keep an eye out because they bake quickly.
- Once they are done baking, let them cool completely before you make the cookie sandwich (using the chocolate sauce recipe above).
Place cookie sandwiches in fridge for 20-30 minutes so the chocolate can set.