Life's a party when you have decadent hors d'oeuvres like these! White Chocolate Crunch Bites... think chocolate covered almonds, as a raw brownie, topped with a thick layer of white chocolate and a Square chunk on top. Thanks Samantha (a.k.a. @wholesomepatisserie) for this delightful recipe!
2 cups almonds
½ cup LSA (linseed, sunflower & almond meal)
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup sultanas (golden raisins)
½ cup raw cacao powder
Pinch of himalayan pink salt
4 Tbsp coconut oil
1 large banana
2 tsp peppermint essence
1 tsp vanilla bean extract
½ cup dark chocolate chips, dairy free
Topping300g white chocolate (vegan variety - or create your own)1½ cups desiccated coconut1 Tbsp coconut oil1 tsp vanilla bean extract
1 Chocolate Coated Crunch Square
- Line a rectangle brownie baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, finely chop the almonds (leave some small chunks of almonds for texture but most of it should be a fine crumb) still in the processor, add LSA, coconut, sultanas, cacao and salt and pulse until well combined.
- Add in the coconut oil, banana, peppermint and vanilla and combine until the mixture sticks together.
- Add in chocolate chips (and a few tiny chunks of a Square if your heart desires) and mix until just combined.
- Press into prepared pan, set aside.
- In a double boiler melt white chocolate over low-medium heat. Stirring occasionally while it melts.
- Once completely melted, turn off heat and pour in the coconut oil and vanilla.
- Add coconut and mix until well combined. It will become thick.
- Pour mixture over your prepared base, evenly, use a spatula to do this.
- Set in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until completely set.
- Check slice half way between setting and cut up small chunks of your Square and slightly push them down into the topping.
- Once set, remove from the refrigerator and let the slice thaw for approx. 15-20 minutes before slicing. This will ensure easier slicing and less crumbling.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Let the slice sit out in room temperature before slicing, this will give you perfect, straight slices/squares.